Please don't get me wrong: I love Austin. Austin is a truly great city. It is the obvious cultural capital of Texas, and perhaps even the entire South.
But I don't live there.
Head north on I-35 for a few hours & eventually you'll hit the unmistakable metropolis of Dallas (plus Fort Worth & Denton,) the land of freeways, golf shirts & the most dangerous pedestrian streets in the country. However, recently, it has also become an unlikely hotbed of community activism, small business & one of the most surprisingly diverse music scenes around. See? We can be cool too.
- 01. New Dress by The Orbans
- 02. Red, Red by Doug Burr
- 03. Patricia Lynn by The Crash that Took Me
- 04. House of All We Left Behind by Air Review
- 05. Better Than Nothing by Sarah Jaffe
- 06. Blues Train by RTB2
- 07. Sleepyhead by Eyes, Wings and Many Other Things
- 08. Into the Woods by Telegraph Canyon
- 09. Serpent Song by The Beaten Sea
- 10. Bag of Bones by Lalagray
- 11. Jason Bought a Hatchet by Giggle Party
- 12. Victim by Broadcast Sea
- 13. Oathbreaker by Maleveller
- 14. All Kinds of Time by Separatysts
- 15. We Will All be Changed by Seryn